oh so silly~
Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist by day, scruffy-looking nerf herder by night.
Hannah. Han for short, as in Solo.
Comic shop assistant manager. Constantly reading the merchandise. Opinionated with a side of nerdy. Iron Man junkie, Mass Effect activist, film critic, literary fiend, lover of tattoos and boys with earrings. Sometimes an artist, occasionally a writer, and always a connoisseur of bad fic. Tumblr'er of the inane, the humorous, and almost anything that involves excellent talent or excellent genes. Sometimes both.
NOTE: If you want to tag me in something and get my attention, tag it with “Iron Han”, without the dash. If you do not tag it Iron Han, I will not see it.
oh so silly~
Hell-aciously busy with work, but I really wanted to draw this comic.
→socially awkwardAn individual excessively afraid of social interaction due to some form of peer rejection or personal choice. Presenting a form or different forms of uncomfortability
when around others.
Wow I just saw a post saying that Betty Ross is “weak” in The Incredible Hulk because she just seems to be “controlled by her father”. Whoever wrote that clearly paid fuck all attention to the movie. Let’s see what awesome things we know about Betty just from this film:
- Betty is immediately presented as a scientist. Not as Bruce’s girlfriend, not as Ross’ daughter, but as a scientist. Hell, even in the photo Bruce keeps of her, she’s shown teaching science. So, straight off: Betty is incredibly intelligent.
- The way she goes after Bruce when she sees him at Stanley’s tells us she is passionate, driven , caring and fiercely loyal. She never gave up on him, she never stopped believing in him, and she is there for him immediately. Is that weak, to believe so fiercely in someone you love?
- She’s moved on. Okay, so it’s Bruce/Betty madly in love OTP forever, but she tried to move on. After the accident, after being badly injured, after losing Bruce and having everybody believe him to be a domestic terrorist, after having to cut her father - all that is left of her family - out of her life, Betty tries to move on. That takes incredible strength, and fuck you if you think otherwise.
- She’s found Bruce! She’s helped him, she’s helping him get to where he needs to be! But what’s this? The army are attacking? Bruce and her father both try to get her out of the way of the army and the guns and the tanks and helicopters and THE HULK. Does Betty Ross get out of the way and stay safe? LIKE HELL SHE DOES. Betty goddamn Ross is going to throw herself in front of a tank to keep Bruce safe. She is going to elbow that soldier in the face. She is going to walk right up to the goddamn Hulk on a goddamn battlefield when she’s seen him throw fucking tanks around like they’re made of paper and she is going to look him in the eye, smile, and say, “Hey”. You know why? Because Betty goddamn Ross is brave and she is loyal and because she sees what is behind the monster. FUCK YOUif you think that makes her weak.
- She is hurt, knocked unconscious, and taken to a cave by the Hulk. Is she scared? Probably! Especially when Hulk is roaring and snarling. She knows he’s dangerous. What does she do? She reassures Hulk about the thunder. She tells him to mind his head. She takes his hand. She sits with him, falls asleep with him, and is there for him when he turns back to Bruce. Because Betty has compassion and kindness and loyalty oozing from every damn pore and if that’s not strength of character then I don’t know what the hell is.
- After all this, knowing that they’re being hunted? Betty goes on the run with Bruce. She is willing to pack up her life - her good job, her research, her boyfriend, her friends, her reputation, everything - and leave with Bruce. Someone will probably spin this as some “defining your life by a man” thing but Betty makes that active choice, knowing exactly what she was doing.
- Can we talk about the fact that Betty is totally comfortable with her sexuality and the scene in the motel is about her desires? And can we talk about how Bruce says stop and she stops, and she absolutely respects and understands him when he says no?
- She does not put up with your sexist bullshit, taxi driver. Fuck you.
- When Bruce changes into Hulk on the lab table, BETTY CLIMBS ON TOP OF THE GODDAMN HULK WITHOUT BATTING AN EYELID AND SHE GODDAMN ORDERS HIM TO CONTROL IT. You do not argue with her.
- Betty is not controlled by her father. He tries to control her, but Betty is having none of it. Not once does she back down, she always tells him exactly what she thinks of him, but when he’s hurt she is worried and anxious for him. Because, as previously stated, Betty is compassionate and wonderful and even though her father is a manipulative, over-bearing, cruel man who is doing his level best to destroy Bruce and doesn’t even respect Betty’s right to her free choice and opinion, she can still see beyond it. She won’t give in to him, won’t do as he wants, but she loves him, and that is admirable to me.
- In the battle, Hulk is about to kill the Abomination. Betty doesn’t want to see Bruce become a killer, doesn’t want more blood on his hands. She screams at Hulk to stop - and he does. I’m sorry, is gaining the respect and trust of the Hulk through your kindness and loyalty and strength a bad thing?
- In conclusion: Betty Ross is an intelligent, driven, loyal, brave, compassionate woman who knows her own mind and who does not hesitate to do the right thing, no matter how difficult it might be. She makes her own choices and she sticks to her guns. She is not controlled by anybody but herself - she frequently ignores Bruce’s attempts to keep her safe and she refuses to listen to her father. Don’t you dare underestimate her.
- Robert Bruce Banner
Bruce Banner was born in the town Dayton, in the state of Ohio, USA.
Bruce Banner is a genius in nuclear physics, possessing a mind so brilliant that it cannot be measured by any known intelligence test.
He did 2 years of medicine school before dropping out as his interest in nuclear physics grew.
He is a graduate of Desert State University in Navapo, New Mexico.
His college roommate was Peter Corbeau.
He got his diploma in Nuclear Physics, California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
Bruce Banner is of French descent. He had an ancestor who fought for France in World War I.
Bruce Banner is a lapsed catholic.
The name of his mother was Rebecca. Her family name was never mentionned, but as she was married to Brian Banner, she was known as Rebecca Banner.
In most recents issues, Banner carries around what he calls the “Bannertech”: A mobile operating system that can hack into most complicated systems, a shield that can protect him or extend to cover several people from most physical harm or increase his own strength, a pocket teleporter device in his satchel that connect to his lab, a host of scanners and a spy bot and finally a survival kit.
The kit included a needle and thread, a pack of waterproof matches, and a debit card.
Banner also carries around a old-powered teaser gun. It’s so strong its effects are measured on the Richter Scale.
- The Hulk
While anger is well known to fuel the Hulk’s power, he also grows stronger the more radiation and the more dark magic he catalyzes.
Despite his high resistance to physical harm, it is possible to cause the Hulk injury.
However, he is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed areas of his body including limbs, all of it’s skin and muscular mass, internal organs, and even his head.
The Hulk does not age. It is implied that the Hulk’s body effectively lasts forever.
The Hulk’s healing factor also enables him to revert any physical transmutation.
The Hulk is capable to adapt to inhospitable environments whenever it is necessary; places like the ocean floor or space.
He is able to breathe underwater due to his body developing a gland which creates an oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion which fills his lungs and equalizes the pressure.
He is therefore able to breathe fluid and avoid decompression and nitrogen narcosis.
After the Hulk adapts to a hostile environment (like space) he no longer needs sustenance and does not need air, water, food, or sleep.
The Hulk has demonstrated great psychic resistance as side-effect of his rage and the multiple personalities inside his mind.
The Hulk is immune to all known Earth-based diseases and viruses, including AIDS.
The Hulk has the unique ability of being able to see “astral forms“—or ghosts.
The Hulk also has a seemingly mystical homing ability that enables him to locate the area in New Mexico where he first became the Hulk.
This applies even if the Hulk is in another dimension.
Not usually a power associated with the Hulk, but there is enough evidence that Hulk possesses at least a limited ability to manipulate forms of energy, particularly gamma radiation.
[ Other source: http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Hulk.html ]